Friday's double post: Part 1
It's Friday so I'm writing a double post. Why? Because I can. This one is mainly links though. I did mention something about not having much to do since I got here but the day after I wrote that post, work rained down on me like...well, like rain actually. Now I'm up to my long neck in legal research and casemap. However Friday is the slowest day of all. Cedric the French intern walked in at 10.30 and 15 minutes later I met him downstairs having a coffee break with Nikki. Yes, a coffee break before you have actually started any work. This place literally runs on coffeebreaks- never mind the two hour lunch break, I know people who have three or four cofee breaks for up to twenty minutes for each break. It's a wonder we get anything done.
Reading: This other Eden by Ben Elton (who co-wrote the wonderful Blackadder and also wrote The Thin Blue Line) I've been reading so much depressing stuff lately that this is quite a welcome treat. It's a kind of post-apocalyptic comedy.
Anyway this week's links:
One of the best posts I've read this year. It comes from a Ugandan blogger who calls himself maatachi.
http://jmataachi.blogspot.com/2006/11/kim-10.html
My brother is back to blogging:
http://www.krazzzyworld.blogspot.com
Following on from my A.C Grayling link of last week, Theo Hobson replies to that article and says yes, atheism is a faith-based position. Fight!
http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/theo_hobson/2006/11/atheism_is_a_faith_position.html
A man who spied on Al-Qaida for years tells all. Fascinating stuff.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2460306,00.html
Is McDonalds actually trying to patent the sandwitch?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1952246,00.html
Rebecca Tyrel was one of my favourite columnists while I was in England and now thankfully The independent online now lets you read columns for free. It was about freaking time people.
http://comment.independent.co.uk/commentators/article1996803.ece
Spiked argues that Blair's fear tactics totally suck
http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/article/2098/
Stranger than fiction- North Korea to host a 'rock for peace' festival.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1952955,00.html
Reading: This other Eden by Ben Elton (who co-wrote the wonderful Blackadder and also wrote The Thin Blue Line) I've been reading so much depressing stuff lately that this is quite a welcome treat. It's a kind of post-apocalyptic comedy.
Anyway this week's links:
One of the best posts I've read this year. It comes from a Ugandan blogger who calls himself maatachi.
http://jmataachi.blogspot.com/2006/11/kim-10.html
My brother is back to blogging:
http://www.krazzzyworld.blogspot.com
Following on from my A.C Grayling link of last week, Theo Hobson replies to that article and says yes, atheism is a faith-based position. Fight!
http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/theo_hobson/2006/11/atheism_is_a_faith_position.html
A man who spied on Al-Qaida for years tells all. Fascinating stuff.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2460306,00.html
Is McDonalds actually trying to patent the sandwitch?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1952246,00.html
Rebecca Tyrel was one of my favourite columnists while I was in England and now thankfully The independent online now lets you read columns for free. It was about freaking time people.
http://comment.independent.co.uk/commentators/article1996803.ece
Spiked argues that Blair's fear tactics totally suck
http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/article/2098/
Stranger than fiction- North Korea to host a 'rock for peace' festival.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1952955,00.html
1 Comments:
Thanks for the " The Independent " link.Rebecca is hilarious!! I had read the spy thing earlier from the Times, I was impressed! Pulling out your finger nails!!! ICK!! Is there anything more painful?! I would squeal!! Tell all, with subtitles even!!
Post a Comment
<< Home